Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I'm Going to Work More... I Guess...

I don't know what it is, but I've always had a thing for color, for mixing and mixing paint until I get what I see; for blending until transitions are seamless; for curving lines again and again until it has the right impression. But, for some reason, I've always drifted away from this that I enjoy so much. So, now that I passed calculus, now that I don't have to worry about team sports again (at least for now), I guess I'll embrace what I've always wanted. My art.


It started when I came home for the summer. My brother wanted some art work for his new apartment, and gave me a canvas. I haven't touched a canvas in about a year, and I've been doing a ton of photography, so I didn't really know where to begin.
I'm pretty boring, though, so it didn't take long for me to resort to the simple things, like lilac in acrylic, and leaves in sharpie.
I don't sketch, but not because I think I'm too good for sketching, or anything. It's because I get so extremely bored and I can never think of anything. Try sketching what I see, you say? A cup, a glass, trees, buildings? How dull!! To be honest, I'd rather mix oil paints all day, and ultimately do nothing with them. Yes, I'm serious!

So, here I am, trying to get back into the "World of Art." How exactly does it work, though? How does someone become a successful artist, especially when that person is me, who doesn't care much for practice, and just cares for a product? How do I sell this stuff? Can I sell this stuff? Is it crap? Is it beautiful? I don't know, I guess we'll just have to see.

And here it is, the first piece of many, many more!


No comments:

Post a Comment